The Small Business Toolkit
The Small Business Toolkit is a published book that normally resells for £16.95 but you can access it for free above and read online or download as a PDF. It is a collection of articles for the small business owner – to help improve and enhance the success of any small business looking to grow.
This book intends to provide a reference across all pillars of business:
Strategy ~ Finance ~ Sales ~ Marketing ~ Operations ~ Resources ~ Personal
....to help small businesses be better at what they do and not make the same mistakes that a lot of other businesses make. It’s aimed at any small business owner who doesn’t have all the answers to be successful. So that’s you and every other business owner - right?
With over 230 pages, this book has the following content with each chapter being written by a local business owner; recognised as an expert in their field:
Section 1 - Strategy
- Creating a strategy for your business
- Setting up your business for exit
Section 2 - Finance
- Managing cash flow in your business
- Essential tips for credit control
- Raising finance - different sources of funding
- Reducing costs in your business
- Tax Planning in its simplest form
- Money matters for business and life
Section 3 - Sales
- Understanding the basics of sales
- Closing the deal
Section 4 - Marketing
- How to put together a marketing strategy
- Harness the power of your network
- The importance of a CRM system and how to choose one
- Designing the perfect marketing material
- Is branding important for your business?
- Is social media worth it?
- Getting the most out of your website
- Writing winning words for your website
- Choosing the right print partner - what to consider
Section 5 - Operations & Resources
- Managing your data effectively
- The basics of IT security
- Outsourcing - yes or no?
- How can software improve your efficiency and performance?
- Protecting you and your business
Section 6 - Personal
- Managing your stress and anxiety
- Goal setting (and achieving) – the key to success in business
This networking group is brilliant and has really helped me and my business. I would recommend this group to anyone and it is great value for money. The group is very friendly and helpful so I'd highly recommend going.Nishi Patel - N-Accounting
1 year ago I made the decision that I needed to start Business Networking. Scary stuff! Or so I thought. Walking into the meeting room for my first meeting was quite frankly, terrifying. I really shouldn’t have worried. I was immediately taken under the wing of one of the more experienced networkers. I can count a number of BusComm members as clients, and even more who have passed work my way. It’s important to note that there is absolutely no pressure to refer – so you truly know it’s on merit. It’s a fabulous community.Hayley White - VirtuHR
BusComm is a great group of friendly business people offering a chance to expand your networking across different counties. You also benefit from a wealth of business knowledge which you can call upon to help with any issues you may need to overcome. Paul promotes your company as well as you as an individual within the group and externally. It's all automated and a no pressure approach.Simon Philp - TEC Fire & Security
The Business Community is what is says on the tin - a real community of businesses from a whole range of sectors. The support the group offer each other is second to none and the networking groups are always fun and a joy to attend.Jamie Cochrane - PBC Business Recovery