The Small Business Toolkit
The Small Business Toolkit is a paperback (worth £16.95) that is available to you for free (just pay p&p = £4.95 - UK only; whilst stocks last). It is a collection of articles for the small business owner – to help improve and enhance the success of any small business looking to grow.
This book intends to provide a reference across all pillars of business:
Strategy ~ Finance ~ Sales ~ Marketing ~ Operations ~ Resources ~ Personal
....to help small businesses be better at what they do and not make the same mistakes that a lot of other businesses make. It’s aimed at any small business owner who doesn’t have all the answers to be successful. So that’s you and every other business owner - right?
With over 230 pages, this book has the following content with each chapter being written by a local business owner; recognised as an expert in their field:
Section 1 - Strategy
- Creating a strategy for your business
- Setting up your business for exit
Section 2 - Finance
- Managing cash flow in your business
- Essential tips for credit control
- Raising finance - different sources of funding
- Reducing costs in your business
- Tax Planning in its simplest form
- Money matters for business and life
Section 3 - Sales
- Understanding the basics of sales
- Closing the deal
Section 4 - Marketing
- How to put together a marketing strategy
- Harness the power of your network
- The importance of a CRM system and how to choose one
- Designing the perfect marketing material
- Is branding important for your business?
- Is social media worth it?
- Getting the most out of your website
- Writing winning words for your website
- Choosing the right print partner - what to consider
Section 5 - Operations & Resources
- Managing your data effectively
- The basics of IT security
- Outsourcing - yes or no?
- How can software improve your efficiency and performance?
- Protecting you and your business
Section 6 - Personal
- Managing your stress and anxiety
- Goal setting (and achieving) – the key to success in business