The Small Business Toolkit
The Small Business Toolkit is a published book that normally resells for £16.95 but you can access it for free above and read online or download as a PDF. It is a collection of articles for the small business owner – to help improve and enhance the success of any small business looking to grow.
This book intends to provide a reference across all pillars of business:
Strategy ~ Finance ~ Sales ~ Marketing ~ Operations ~ Resources ~ Personal
....to help small businesses be better at what they do and not make the same mistakes that a lot of other businesses make. It’s aimed at any small business owner who doesn’t have all the answers to be successful. So that’s you and every other business owner - right?
With over 230 pages, this book has the following content with each chapter being written by a local business owner; recognised as an expert in their field:
Section 1 - Strategy
- Creating a strategy for your business
- Setting up your business for exit
Section 2 - Finance
- Managing cash flow in your business
- Essential tips for credit control
- Raising finance - different sources of funding
- Reducing costs in your business
- Tax Planning in its simplest form
- Money matters for business and life
Section 3 - Sales
- Understanding the basics of sales
- Closing the deal
Section 4 - Marketing
- How to put together a marketing strategy
- Harness the power of your network
- The importance of a CRM system and how to choose one
- Designing the perfect marketing material
- Is branding important for your business?
- Is social media worth it?
- Getting the most out of your website
- Writing winning words for your website
- Choosing the right print partner - what to consider
Section 5 - Operations & Resources
- Managing your data effectively
- The basics of IT security
- Outsourcing - yes or no?
- How can software improve your efficiency and performance?
- Protecting you and your business
Section 6 - Personal
- Managing your stress and anxiety
- Goal setting (and achieving) – the key to success in business
In the short time I’ve been a member, The Business Community has transformed my business and I’ve met some fantastic contacts along the way. Paul Green and Stephen Church are excellent hosts and bring great charm and personality into the meeting. Highly recommended to any business - whether starting out or established.Sam Sayer - DeType Limited
I'm a long-term member of a national networking group. I've now also joined BusComm and I'm finding it a breath of fresh air. A very welcoming and supportive atmosphere where the focus seems to be about helping each other instead of sell, sell, sell. BusComm meetings don't take themselves too seriously but are still professional and informative.Paul Drake - WhiteStar
We can only state the quality of service and professionalism we have experienced throughout our association with The Business Community has been exemplary, and far beyond our expectations.Bharat Panchal - C4 Secure
The Business Community has been extremely helpful to my business. The meetings are well run - they have a well-defined structure, but have a good mix of formality and informality. I enjoy meeting other members, have made some good connections, got great business advice from Paul and the wider group and, last but not least, gained work whose value is several times the cost of membership.Mark Coster - Pixooma