There is a great opportunity when becoming a member of The Business Community, you get the chance to book a 10-minute presentation slot at any of the business networking meetings. The only criteria is that it needs to be educational, not a sales pitch for your business - an ideal way to raise your profile within The Business Community and "show off" your knowledge and experience.
It doesn't have to be a Powerpoint presentation, screens/projectors and flipcharts are available at most venues or you could just orate without the use of either!
Tips for your presentation
- Share your knowledge/skill/advice
- If using slides – suggest no more than 10 (sometimes just standing up and presenting; maybe with a flipchart – can work better)
- No need to cover more than 5-7 points
- Allow some time for questions
- Consider handouts for delegates (at least in electronic format)
- Promote your presentation to people in your network so they can attend the meeting your at; in doing so raising your profile